9.24.2008

Erykah Badu- A.D. 2000

This is like the most powerful, political protest song that I've ever heard..and it's one of my favorites. The song is about how in '99 the NYPD police gunned down a 23 year old unarmed Guinea man named Amadou Diallo, after he was mistaken for an unidentified rapist....the four officers were acquitted of all charges. Badu wrote the elegy for Diallo (hence his initials in the song) and this is a video of her performing it live.. & if you haven't gotten a chance to see her perform live you are really missing a show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS WAS 1 OF MY FAVORITE SONGS OFF THE MAMA'S GUN ALBUM BECAUSE AFTER THAT COMES ORANGE MOON & THOSE 2 SONGS WON'T EVEN PLAY NO MORE I'VE WORN THEM OUT SO

slimm215 said...

OMG I told you before Jei that i love this lady sooooooo much. her live show is so great. AND she just goes and goes. I mean she was on stage for hours when i went to see her. I was loving every minute of it though.