7.03.2008

That New Badu?

Badu spoke briefly about her second album when I went to see her in concert this past May stating that it would be out this July, then she went on to say "But I'm not here to sell that album I'm here to promote my new album New Amerykah" & she ripped it from there... Well, I know it's only early July but dang when am I going to hear something on it, a promo poster a myspace bulletin SOMETHING...I'm feenin' for it

Rumor has it that “Return of the Ankh” (the 2nd installment to the "4th World War" compilation) is to be accompanied by a USB stick which Badu says will include extras ranging from footage of concerts, to commentary on the recording process and “me in the bathtub with Flavour Flav” [gotta love her sense of humor(I HOPE!)] - “I wanted to give away my materials…It’s about sharing, and that’s why I like this system”.

Either way tho, I'm super psyched about this new album because "New Amerykah Part 1: 4th World War” is probably one of my favorite albums @ the momentI don’t really understand people who don’t love it, I think it’s not only one of Badu’s best efforts but also one of the most creative albums I’ve heard in a long time. She’s too dope!

OH! & since her weed papers are coming out this July too, I wonder if that's going to be included with the album?!?!

2 comments:

deonte' k said...

My best friend loves her. I like her too, can't wait 4 her new stuff to drop!

slimm215 said...

OMG I can't wait for this second album to drop. Badu is my favorite. I am one of those people New Amerykah had to grow on though. I can't lie but I did get into the groove and now i love the cd.