8.12.2008

"Penitentiary Philosophy"


Wow, it's August already, this year is ALMOST over & I still hadn't done any of my resolutions (that's another reason why I hate making them) but I was reading "Who Moved My Cheese" for like the ump-teenth time, & out of all of my times reading the book, I've always read "The Story Before The Story" then "The Story" but I've never read "The Discussion". I've always taken something from the story after I've read it but I decided to go ahead and read the WHOLE book yesterday, & I took soo much more than I expected to take.

I came to the realization that some of the people in my life are Hem's and though I love them dearly, I think the only thing that's right for me to do is to go on in my life's "maze" and find my own "cheese", I know that sounds like I'm being mean & unfriendly but after trying to be a friend for soooooo long, you kind of get tired of trying to help because it starts to get you caught in their same mind frame, and tho it's not the fear of change that holds me back, it's more of the thought of losing a confidant and learning to trust new people because I'm kind of shy but outspoken on some aspects.

All and all, this book has asserted me to make those changes in my life when I think of them & don't just leave them lingering as thoughts and also try not to be so afraid of what's to come after they've been made because I've learned that I can whether the storm, it's just the calm before it that makes me apprehensive. But I guess it's time I leave some people behind with their silly hang-ups because it's becoming more & more obvious that they are not trying to travel the maze, but stay in comfort waiting for their cheese to come back or nibble off others cheese.......
I've realized my cheese has been taken, now I'm on a journey to get my shyt back so I can make it through that maze happy and satisfied for those who I'm leaving behind I won't forget you, but the writing is on the wall....read it and take heed to it, because it WILL help you out in the long run.

**EDITORS NOTE: If it seems as though I'm rambling I do apologize, but, I was kinda typing this in a rush.**

4 comments:

deonte' k said...

If u didn't know, cheese is like my favorite. I eat it with everything almost lol... so u can share some of mines if u need to lmao ;)..... but on a serious note, I feel u man. Sometimes in life u just have to let it all go.... so good luck, and don't forget I'm ur buddy. So if u ever need me, I'm a blog away ok.... now lets go cheese shopping together, because now I'm hungry lol... ;) hugs

[jei.lamar] said...

lol, well thanx D...you know i got you wired..your blog, myspace AND yahoo so i know where you be!...thanx homie! & uhm i like cheese but i don't know if i like it as much as you but just to be appeasing i will go cheese shopping with you! lol

slimm215 said...

OMG Jei see this is why i like you so much man. i've also read that damn book like a thousand times. I recently reread it and then let a buddy of mine borrow it. I read it whenever i need to get motivated and get moving. your right sometimes you just have to leave some folk behind on your journey to find some new cheese. Life is always changing and some of us will change with it and some won't.

[jei.lamar] said...

Slimm, my friend, you hit the nail directly on the head with that, and you should also check out Maria Shriver's book "Just Who Will You Be" (blog coming soon on that one!)