7.01.2009

I Semi-Stan Beyonce



I wasn’t going to say anything about this, but honestly, I’m getting real tired of hearing people speak about it and sounding real ignorant if I do say so myself, Beyonce needs to check her fans because they praise and laude her & bask in all of her big weaved glory but as SOON as she does something that they don’t approve of they ready to chop her neck off. I’m not a fan and I’m not anti-Bey I’m in the middle, some stuff she do I love and some I like and the others have to grow on me. Now, I’m known for liking artist that take risk and what Beyonce did at the BET Awards was a major risk, ESPECIALLY after Keri Hilson performance.

First of all, Beyonce is NOT the first person to record “Ave Maria” the song was written in the 1800’s don’t know the exact date but we used to sing it in choir, and I’m really tired of people saying “we aint need to see Beyonce on stage in her wedding dress” [UGH, YOU STUPID FUCK] .
Lets break it down, Ave Maria is Latin for Hail Mary it is a Christian prayer used within Roman Catholicism, We Hail Mary [PRAISE MARY] because she played a vital part in the redemption of the world, without Mary's free acceptance of her calling from God we would not have Jesus in human flesh, it’s not a prayer of worship to Mary, but it is a recital of scripture and then an asking of her to pray for us to God.

Beyonce performed a theatrical version of the song personifying Mary with wearing all white and the white veil but adding a modern and fashionable twist to it thanks to Thierry Mugler. So, kiddies that’s where the concept came from….NOT her “showing off her wedding dress.” In closing, if you choose to read someone publicly do ya RESEARCH and internalize before you verbalize just how ignorant and small minded you REALLY are.

1 comment:

GL0 said...

PREACH!!!!!
"internalize before you verbalize" ahhh, i loved that!
Thank you for informing the public.. people are so quick to speak on ignorance and cause unnecessary hype over nothing. The performance was great.