11.04.2008

I VOTED TODAY, DID YOU?

the two people who were in front of me they were there @ 6
I am soooooo happy today, I'm living in something that I thought I could've only read in History book.....I woke up very early @ 5:00 this morning to get ready to stand in line @ the poll, I made it there at about 6:00 and went and joined the other 2 people who were standing in front of me...and as time went on a few more started pulling in and saying good morning and laughing and telling jokes..and this is my first time in a long time seeing my people woke this early in the morning and HAPPY about it....which made me feel even better!

waiting in line...didn't have my ipod grrrr


But with happiness comes the devil, now at my polling place ever since I've voted there for the past 4 years I've always voted from the back door of the school...even if I came in the front door, they would ask me to walk across the hall & go wait in line by the back door so I can give my name & all the other stuff now everybody else seemed to have known the rules too because they were in line @ the back doors..


Polls opened at 7:00 pm sharp after the poll workers said their prayers (which i was happy and surprised to see) and they let us in the backdoor in and went opened the front door & told them they have to walk outside through the backdoor to wait in line which at that time were only 15-20 people maximum so it shouldn't have been a problem.

but NOOOOOOOOOO little miss fugee wanted to turn into Angela Davis and start a 4 woman revolution with the other 3 women who were behind her in line telling the poll manager (who was an older lady) that "I can't believe this shit, (mind you we vote in an elementary school) I've never had a problem like this, we always come through that door to vote" so the poll manager still trying to remain civil told her "sweetie, please don't do this, this is a historical moment for us, please don't mess it up" which little miss fugee and her mignons replied "The damn moment messed up when you told me to go wait in another line to vote"

That really really really upset me because for 1 it's a small polling precinct and it has never had a high volume of voters at one time so that was a surprise to the poll workers as well, but little miss fugee and her hyenas seemed like they were outside plotting what they would say if somebody said the wrong thing to them this morning.

I VOTED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!


BUT WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID...I VOTED BRIGHT AND EARLY THIS MORNING, THE THIRD PERSON IN LINE AND TO CAST MY VOTE AND I FELT A SENSE OF RELIEF that's why I decided to post this video of a song I think is fitting for today and I think it's something we're all hoping for, A Better Tomorrow.....


2 comments:

slimm215 said...

Well i cast my vote as well Jei and it was definitely more than 20 people in line. but i was only there for like 15 minutes because they let me move on up in the line. Ha i was so happy. I did get a lil emotional as I read Barack Obama for president on the ballot. A tear almost fell. lol

[jei.lamar] said...

no lie Slimm....last night when I saw that 274 come across the screen I got emotional...but when CNN cut to Spellman & this chick in the green shirt just broke down crying....that's when I started....